Employers Can Protect Their Business With The Help Of An Employment Lawyer
In addition to the many federal laws providing employee protections, California has the most complex, far-reaching labor laws and regulations of any state in our nation. Whether you have a few employees or hundreds, ensuring that you are in compliance with these laws and avoiding or efficiently resolving employee complaints are paramount. An employment lawyer at McKinley, Conger, Jolley & Galarneau, LLP can assist you with developing policies, managing employee disputes, and providing skilled representation in court. Our firm has been serving diverse business clients since 1986 and our attorneys are well-versed in statewide labor laws to provide informed counsel and strategic defense. Applying decades of experience on this side of the equation, we have a strong grasp of the many pitfalls for business owners—and how best to avoid them.
An Experienced Legal Team is Crucial to Your Success
Employment law is constantly evolving due to the growing diversity of the business environment. While managing your business, it can be difficult, if not impossible, to keep track of the legal requirements that you are expected to comply with. In addition, to the evolving nature of these laws, claims by previous employees can significantly damage your financial stability if they are not handled correctly. In short, without strong legal counsel on your side to guide you through these intricate processes, your business will be vulnerable.
Planning, Policy Development, & Litigation
At McKinley, Conger, Jolley & Galarneau, LLP, our employment law services for employers include:
- Counsel at the point of entity formation to educate our clients on essential employment laws and best practices, including those applicable to performing proper wage and hour calculations
- Development of employee manuals, handbooks and other documents that clearly establish workplace policies and help to head off complaints and litigation
- Ongoing, on-demand consulting services to address employee issues as they arise and maintain compliance with employment laws as your business grows and evolves
- Skilled, aggressive defense against complaints filed with the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) or other government agencies, as well as lawsuits alleging employment discrimination, sexual harassment, failure to pay overtime or other wrongdoing
- Drafting, review, and litigation when necessary of employment contracts designed to protect your intellectual property and prevent unfair competition
Guiding and representing business owners who must navigate complex employment issues is a clear, long-standing strength for our legal team.